Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Poetry Sucks

Guess what? During my last sleepless night I found a site where you can get your poems critiqued as well as critique other people's poems.

So I submitted my poem January 15, 1947 to see what people would say about it.

While commenters tried to be nice, the general concesus is it sucks.

Sucks the big pickle.

One redeeming thought: They at least thought it wasn't "above the typical level of bad poetry." Yeah, that warms the cockles.

I am excited about some of the crits, though, as they told me WHY it sucked. Maybe I can learn how to actually write a decent poem.

Than again, maybe not. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may think I have better poetry, but you've got bigger balls.

I think I'd be heartbroken when they tore my stuff apart.

I once put up a couple of my poems (one by each of the girls) at the old blogger udoj, and although everyone was kind, it was killing me that it wasn't perfect.

Guess I'd better get over that ego/rejection/fear thing.

Kevin Scott said...

It's probably not as tough as you may think. In order to post there you have to read a dozen or so times "This is a poetry workshop, not a place to display your poetry."

They tell you again and again it is not for the faint of heart.

The forum is here:

http://www.everypoet.org/pffa/

Kevin Scott said...

By the way, here is how people responded to my poem specifically:

http://www.everypoet.org/pffa/showthread.php?t=51911